Merry Christmas Masking

01:00

IMG_9915
I have created my own mask by die cutting using the Fancy Labels Dies #2 with copy paper. I have used copy paper as this makes a thin layer so when stamping it stamps close to the edge of the mask straight onto the cardstock.

I have used an array of blue inks and silver pigment ink for stamping the images from Build a stocking stampset.
IMG_9901

To make the die cut edge a little more defined I have used the lightest blue ink with a blending tool and blended the blue with a very light tough only.

IMG_9907

I lifted the mask off to reveal the stamped image.  You will find this method can also be easily used as a 1 layer card option as well.

IMG_9908
IMG_9910

I have used a step up version by layering the stamped card stock on another white layer with foam mount tape which is then matted onto a black cardstock base.

IMG_9912  

I have stamped the image from Festive Greetings with Onyx Black Versafine Ink.

IMG_9916

To finish embellishing the card I have added some silver star sequins and glossy accents to the stampset silver stars.


IBS Festive GreetingsInspired by Stamping Fancy Labels 2 DieInspired by Stamping Build A Stocking Stamp Set

IMG_9918

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this creative idea, Jo! Your card is beautiful in every way! Thank you so much for the inspiration and for taking the time to do your photo tutorials on your posts!

    I wanted to thank you for your earlier email re following me. I don't see you in my thumbnail followers under the blue "join this site" button, so perhaps you are subscribing. Thank you. If you also click on the blue button, I will see you in the thumbnails and introduce you in my New Friends Corner. I hope your Christmas holiday is fabulous! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete