Shaded Background Technique

04:00

Hi crafting peeps, Jo here and welcome to today's blog post.
Today I wanted to show case some simple background ink shading with repeat background stamping to create your own designer background paper.
The stamp of choice for today's card is the Cherry Blossom Stampset.
 Inspired-by-Stamping-Cherry-Blossoms-Stamp-Set
I started with plain vanilla cardstock for each card front. The inks I used for today's cards are Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder, Mint Macaroon, Daffodil Delight & Sky Blue. I commenced the ink shading technique by circular sponging from the outside and working my way in. I used a heavier hand blending from the top and went lighter towards the bottom and centre. I feel this created a highlight glow to the bottom centre of the card.
With the same ink as per shaded cardstock and I took the main image from Cherry Blossom stampset and repeat stamped through out the shaded cardstock.
For the main Cherry Blossom at the front of the card I have heat embossed the image with white embossing powder on Vellum cardstock.
The sentiments used for the cards "Big Sympathy & Happy Occasions" which has been heat embossed with white embossing powder on black cardstock.
Each card has been embellished with sequins or drops. I have also added some black ink splatters as an added element to the card.
Each card has been matted on black cardstock or crumb cake kraft.
Hope you enjoyed today's blog post.
IMG_0609
IMG_0611
IMG_0613
IMG_0616
Inspired by Stamping Big Sympathy stamp set
Inspired-by-Stamping-Happy-Occasions-Sentiments
  IMG_0618
IMG_0623
IMG_0621


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. These cards are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete