Inspired By Stamping September Release - Australian Nature 1

05:03



Hi all, thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Today I have used my Distress Markers and coloured the stamped image from the Inspired By Stamping September Release.



 This little bird is a Forest Kingfisher which is one of the images from the

Australian Nature I stamp set. The Forest kingfisher is a predominantly blue and white bird. It is found in Indonesia, New Guinea and coastal eastern and northern Australia.


Australian Nature I
Size 4x6
Retails $15.99
       Set of 7


The look I wanted to achieve was as if I drew this bird from scratch. I have used Antique linen distress ink to stamp the image very lightly and colour in with distress markers on water colour cardstock. Once stamped I saturated the cardstock with my aqua brush as this helps blend the direct maker contact on the cardstock to blend easily.
  

I have stamped the "Thanks"sentiment using the Fancy Circles stampset and have Die cut with the Fancy Labels #2 dies.
http://www.inspiredbystamping.com/collections/frontpage/sentiments

http://www.inspiredbystamping.com/collections/die-cuts/products/fancy-labels-2-die

I sponged using my Mini ink blending tool with the Antique linen distress ink on the die cut out, embossed borders edge and water colour cardstock.

http://www.inspiredbystamping.com/collections/flowers

I used an Off White flower to embellish this card along with some old olive satin ribbon, hemp twine and a paper leaf.
 My card colour combo is So Saffron and Very Vanilla cardstock.




You Might Also Like

0 comments