Poinsetta Card - Inspired By Stamping

01:00

OK let me start with a warning! I love this stampset. There is so much potential and versatility I squealed with excitement when I first laid eyes on it. Below I have Copic coloured in one card and Heat Embossed on vellum in  the other.
Card 1
IMG_3277

Copic Colouring is one of the most relaxing things I love doing. I am still learning and continuing to learn every day especially when it comes to copics. There is so many facets to colouring and adding dimension to an image and it is even more fun when you have a fabulous stampsets to do it with. Inspired By Stamping have an awesome array of stampsets that you can copic colour with.
I have used 4 stampsets for this card to achieve the end result. I kept the colour scheme to Cherry Cobbler, Vintage Sepia, and Crumb Cake. Instead of using the traditional Black Momento I have used Rich Cocoa as I didn't want to out line to be too dark.
To embellish the card I have used gold sequins and cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon. Very light sponging has been added around the sides of the card to make the very vanilla cardstock not so stark.
image_thumb.png

Card 2
IMG_3791
Here I have heat embossed the poinsettia image twice with white embossing powder. My embossing powder of choice is Stampendous Detail White.  To embellish the centre of the poinsettia I have used an Antique brad. The front layer of the poinsettia  I selected and fussy cut some leaves that I felt would work well to create dimension to the card. I have gone traditional colours of cherry cobbler red, always artichoke green, white with a touch of gold.  The gold glittered & dotted vellum cardstock just adds enough sparkle without going too overboard.
IMG_3792
For the greeting I have used the Holiday Tags stampset as this is such a cute little greeting stampsets for cards.
Hope you enjoyed the 2 samples I have made for you today. Happy Paper crafting peeps.










You Might Also Like

0 comments